Saturday, May 21, 2011

Grocery Trip 5-21-11

Today was my daily shopping trip to the grocery stores. Unlike the extreme shoppers shown on TV my trips are mostly items that we eat on a daily basis that coupons are not available for or when they are it is very difficult to stock up the six weeks couponers advise.  I have couponed for almost 4 months and have seen poptarts on bogo one time. I do not have room to store the 32 boxes required to keep us in poptarts for four months. If they come on sale again, though, I may make room.

Anyway, today I hit Walmart and Publix. I am waiting to go to Bi-lo after the coupons come out tomorrow. I have heard word that coupons may be available for items on bogo at Bi-lo. Here is the breakdown for today's trips.

Walmart-Total before coupons and sales 59.45
Walmart-Total after coupons and sales 55.06
I know it does not sound like a lot but this includes all my meat, produce and other items that do not go one sale often.
Great buys:
Ivory Soup (3 bars) .97, coupon $1.00 made profit of .03
Dawn Dish Soup .97, coupon .25 total .72
Speed Stick Deo. .98, coupon .50 total was .48.

Publix-Total before coupons and sales 28.28
Publix-Total after coupons and sales 15.91
Great buys:
Wishbone Salad Dressing 2.79 with bogo and 1.00 coupon paid .39
Dentastix 3.59 with bogo and 1.00 coupon paid 2.58 for two of them (1.29 each)

Bi-Lo (if all works out)

I am going to take advantage of the Pick 5 for 19.95. I figure the prices for the items I am going to purchase are typically around 6.50 each. That would work out to a $12.55 savings. Not a great percentage but it works for me. I will be stocked up on those items for a while. Beyond that, Bi-Lo has a few bogo items that I have coupons for.
Ball Park Franks 7.18 (2 packs); with .75 coupon and bogo should pay 2.84
Lance Sandwich Crackers 5.98 (2 boxes), with bogo and 1.00 coupon (5-22ss, fingers crossed) 1.98 for both
Mueller's Elbo Macaroni 1.94(2 boxes); with bogo and 1.00 coupon 2 boxes FREE

1 comment:

  1. The difference between the right word and the almost right word is more than just a fine line! it's like the difference between a lightning bug and the lightning!
    supplies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please post a comment or two. I enjoy hearing from you.